The categories used in this catalog are:
- BzN = Strong northward Bz for extended period
- BzS = Strong southward Bz for extended period
- EyC = Change in Ey=VxBz
- HSS = Very high speed stream for extended period
- IMC = Interplanetary magnetic cloud
- IR = Interaction Region
- IS = Interplanetary shock
- LSS = Very low speed stream for extended period
- MISC = Miscelaneous, which may include a very broad range of features
- PC = Pressure change
- SBC = Interplanetary sector boundary crossings (usually in a set)
Below we briefly discuss each of these, principally by making them more quantitative, including definitions, and providing references.
This section is under construction.
However, click here and you will have
an overview of the currently used criteria for the selection of the
Solar Wind events listed in this catalog.
This server and the information being made available are evolving as the ISTP Project evolves. Questions or comments should be sent to the authors at the address below.
- Mauricio Peredo - Raytheon STX Corporation at ISTP Science Planning and Operations Facility (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Daniel Berdichevsky - Raytheon STX Corporation at ISTP Science Planning and Operations Facility (email@example.com)